Farmers are essential workers and are being advised by the California Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA) to take the following precautions:
- Maintain diligence in good hygiene, monitor for employee illness, and adhere to social distancing guidelines as possible.
- Adhere to your operations Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures(SSOP), ensuring that those supervising staff and operations are vigilant in their oversight.
- Ensure adequate frequency of cleaning and sanitizing per CDC Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection guidance.
- Adhere to cleaning and sanitizing frequency of restroom and other high contact areas.
- Consider ways for employees to easily identify themselves (business card, company ID badge) outside of business operations for ease in transportation to and from work while adhering to local ordinances.
For more information about how our farmers are keeping us safe while keeping us fed:
We always recommend washing produce, particularly right now.
Here is the CDC’s recommendation for how to wash and sanitize produce during the Covid 19 pandemic.