Remember this fruit has inedible seeds!
- Cut it in half, all the way around, likely hitting a few seeds nestled on the inside.
- Pull your halves apart and the large seeds will remain embedded in one half.
- Scoop a rich and delicious spoonful right out of the fruit’s skin, to enjoy its pudding-like custard.
- Do not eat the seeds! Discard or save to try and grow your own tree.
- Enjoy as is or bake into breads, mousse or any other treat calling for subtle sweetness (hint: makes a great substitute for bananas in chocolate chip banana bread).
Oct 20, 2020