How to cook
Garlic scapes can be used in anything you would normally eat with garlic, chives or scallions. Pesto, guacamole or everyday chicken recipes will take on a new dimension with garlic scapes.
- Dice up garlic scapes with a sharp knife as you would chives. In order to chop garlic scapes safely, hold garlic scapes in a bunch and place on a clean cutting board. With a sharp knife chop garlic scapes to desired size.
- Garlic scapes take beautifully to many different cooking methods including sautéing, braising, roasting, and grilling.
- Try pickling and fermenting your garlic scapes for a treat you’ll look forward to.
How to drink
Here are some easy ways use garlic scapes in your drinks:
- Juicing: If you’re a next-level juicer who isn’t afraid of a clove of garlic or two, try swapping these in for a greener, more mild garlic flavor and an extra dose of nutrients to your vegetable juices.
- Shrubs: To make delicious alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, use your garlic scapes to make a shrub, then add it to your drinks.
And, find some delicious garlic scape recipes here: